Sunday 2 October 2011

Hell in the Cell predictions and other thoughts

I had to neglect my blog last week so no detailed thoughts on Smackdown or Raw.  But here are some quick thoughts and predictions leading into tonight’s Hell in the Cell PPV.

Sheamus vs Christian

I am thinking Sheamus continues the roll his has been on lately which the announcers continuingly remind us of.  They could pull out some sort of surprise here, but I will still put my money on the big man from Ireland.  I think this has the potential to be a great match.  Prediction:  Sheamus by pin fall.

Diva’s Championship Match Beth Phoenix vs Kelly Kelly (c)
Dare I make the same “bold” prediction three PPVs in a row.  Yes.  This is the night that Phoenix finally wins the Diva’s championship....maybe.  I am not sure what the WWE’s motivation was here when they refused to put the strap on Phoenix and kept getting Kelly over.  If it was to surprise us it worked on me.  Prediction:  New champion Beth Phoenix by pin fall. 

Sin Cara vs Sin Cara
This one is easy.  Sin Cara.  Haha, lame joke on my part.  I am not sure how to predict this one.  The “good” Sin Cara or the “bad” Sin Cara wins?  The white mask or the blue one?  So here is my prediction.  This one is not over yet and they fight to a no decision.  Prediction:  Double count out.  (should be an entertaining match).

World Heavyweight Championship Match Mark Henry (c) vs Randy Orton
Please WWE don’t take the strap off Henry yet.  It has been an awesome road leading up to his championship win and they continue to create a ruthless, fear striking monster in his character.  I am still expecting a return of Big Show and/or Kane at some point to cause some trouble for the champ. But even if they do show up to interfere, how awesome would he look if he could overcome the odds and retain the strap under those circumstances. I would like to see him hold it until Wrestlemania and take on the Undertaker.  Prediction:  Mark Henry retains by pinfall.

WWE Championship Triple Threat Match John Cena (c) vs Alberto Del Rio vs CM Punk
Should be another great match.  I don’t know why the strap was put back on Cena and taken off Del Rio so soon.  I am sure this match could have happened if Del Rio retained at Night of Champions.  In any event I am thinking the gold comes back his way again tonight surrounded by controversy of course.  Look for a possible cast of characters to play a role in this one including The Miz, R-Truth, John Laurinaitis, Kevin Nash, HHH and who knows who else?  Prediction:  New WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio.

Some other thoughts

If Del Rio gets the title back can this put Punk and Cena on the same page for a while forming a bit of an alliance against the powers that be, whoever they are?
How long before Jack Swagger and Dolf Ziggler challenge for the Tag Team championship now that they appear to have their differences worked out.  Will Ziggler drop the the US championship to someone and focus on the Tag Titles.  That is what I am hoping.  Let’s give someone else a chance with the US Title and see these two as a team.  Who could be the next in line to carry the US championship?  Zack Ryder?  Woo woo woo!
There is a lot to more to comment on but I will leave it at that for now.  I did enjoy both Raw and Smackdown this week, some good matches on both. 
I hope I do better on my predictions tonight since I didn’t get even one correct at Night of Champions.
Enjoy the PPV everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment