Monday 10 October 2011

What to make of the whole walk out?

A little late for me to post some Smackdown thoughts now, but I enjoyed the show that I didn’t watch until Sunday evening.  It looks like we will be getting Big Show and Mark Henry for the title sooner or later.  That’s good; we don’t need Henry vs Randy Orton again just yet. 

But now it’s time to move on to tonight and what to make of this whole walk out/no confidence angle.  I flip flop on it.  We all suspend our disbelief for many of the angles that play out in Sports Entertainment, but I still like things to “make sense”.  The main premise for the athletes walking out on HHH is because they claim it is an unsafe environment to work.  I find that angle laughable.  This is the WWE where outrageous angles inside and outside of the ring have been played out again and again.  So why now, all of a sudden, is just about the entire roster walking out because of this reason?  I would find this more believable if they were walking out because the COO was drunk with power and has become a tyrant listening to none of the other superstars.  And I suppose that may be part of this, but to me it has been downplayed over their personal safety. 
I guess the thing to keep in mind here that there is someone manipulating everyone to get HHH out of power and to take control him or her self.  It doesn’t say much for the superstars if over 90% of the roster is sucked in.  However, I must admit, with RAW just hours away I am intrigued as I ever been about how all of this will play out.  I am hoping it’s not much ado about nothing, which it most certainly has the potential to be.  Since the summer now angles have been playing out that are hinting of someone working behind the scenes and maybe a corporate faction forming.  I think it’s time for that to finally happen if it ever is.
Well, it will soon be time to find out what’s next...if anything at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment