Tuesday 11 October 2011

Some quick Raw thoughts

Well I was very sceptical about this whole walk out angle but I have to admit that I was highly entertained by the opening segment.  I thought HHH, John Cena, Sheamus and CM Punk were all great.  I was kind of hoping that the “walk out” would have lasted a bit longer before Mr. Mcmahon interrupted informing HHH he was relieved of his COO duties. 

The opening segment was the highlight of the show for me, not that it was too bad of a show.   Other things that are working for me is the faction that seems to be forming with Christian, Dolf Ziggler, Cody Rhodes and Jack Swagger.  I love the good old classic groups or gangs and this has the potential to be one lead by Vickie Guerrero.  I am not sure if this is the direction they are going to take with this but I hope so. 
Of course I also liked the return of The Miz and R-Truth, big things ahead for them I am sure.
Things I didn’t like include the announced main event of Vengeance which will see John Cena talking on champion Alberto Del Rio.  I would like to see Del Rio go one and one against someone else right now, but who?  CM Punk is going to be busy that PPV teaming with HHH to take on The Miz and R-Truth, a match I am looking forward to.  Perhaps Del Rio and Sheamus would be a good main event right now.  Sheamus is ready for the main event slot, even if he were to lose in controversial fashion.
I also didn’t like the firing of good ole Jim Ross.  I suppose he will be back at some point again, but I always like JR on the mic and always miss him when he is not there. 
Things I am still intrigued about include what is next for our interim leader John Laurinaitis.  Will someone else emerge to be working with him?  Kevin Nash?  No matter what he will form alliances over the next few weeks I am sure. 
Got to run for now, back later this week!

1 comment: