Tuesday 4 October 2011

Raw Thoughts, October 3rd


Not a full play by play...but some observations and thoughts on the October 3rd edition of Raw.

Wow...we are starting off with a match.  Randy Orton vs Drew McIntyre.  Obviously McIntyre is going to do the job, but for much of the match he looks good and carries much of the offense in the bout.  Once the Orton picks up the three count Mark Henry enters and I guess we are not done with this feud yet.  Some chaos ensues.  I would like to see Henry mix it up with someone else now, but undoubtedly more from The World’s Strongest Man and the Viper to come.
Big Show is back Friday....awesome!  Looks like I will be getting my wish with Henry. 
Next up poor old John Morrison gets to take on Mark Henry.  Morrison has been nothing but a glorified jobber lately.  He needs something new, either a partner or a heel turn.  Right now I am totally uninterested in him.  Henry wins and that marks two matches in a row tonight without any long speeches on the mic. Wait...Henry grabs the mic after the match and says he is done with Orton.  That could only mean one thing...he’s not.  But he also acknowledges Big Show’s upcoming return.  Interesting to see where they will go with Henry’s championship reign next.

I am not buying into Beth Phoenix’s title reign.  I still think they dropped the ball on this one by making her loose to Kelly Kelly so much.  But it is now Kelly appearing to be the ruthless monster tonight with her vicious attack on Phoenix before the match even started.  That was after she was all smiles entering the ring.  I'm confused. 
Welcome back Santino Marella who takes on Jinder Mahal.  I don't know what it is about that cobra move that I find amusing.  Quick victory for Marella and we move on.
They showed some footage of R-Truth's and The Miz's actions from Hell in the Cell.  (WHAT?)  I can't believe at one point I questioned if the pairing of these two would work? (WHAT?) I have totally 100% bought into their alliance!  (WHAT?)  Can't wait for them to make their full return and see what's in store for them because they are aaaaawwwwweeeessssssoooommmeeeee!
Awesome 12 man tag match.  It was a lot of fun, reminded me why I love wrestling, actually wrestling that is! 
As for this last no confidence vote segment, here’s some things I didn’t like about it.  The WWE has become a hostile and unsafe work environment.  Really?  REALLY?  This is what the WWE superstars are getting upset about?  Ha. Am I am suppose to buy into this?  I didn’t like it when Wade Barrett was explaining how he was distressed over the chaos and Mark Henry was there nodding in agreement.  Really?  Mark Henry who is supposed to be an animal and causing chaos, it just didn’t suit his character.  And “monster Diva” Beth Phoenix claiming “were girls!”  Ha ha again.  I am just not feeling this but who knows where they will go with it all.  It was nice to hear the crowd boo everyone for leaving and chanting HHH...HHH!  Is he now the only face in the company!?!?!  The most amusing part to me was when it was all done and there was a complete walk out and HHH was left alone in the ring.  He raised his arms in an “ah well” type motion and the crowd are obviously in his corner. 
Well I didn’t buy into the segment but at the same time I found it amusing and I am curious to where they are going with it.  Does that mean I am buying into it?  And overall I enjoyed this episode of Raw.
OMG!  CM Punk didn't have the mic at all tonight!  And he was only featured in a 12 man tag team match!!
Are we really finished with Kevin Nash?  If so, wouldn't that mark one of the most pointless returns in WWE history?
See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment