Monday 22 August 2011

Entering the ring...

Who am I and why I am here? 

I am in my forties (early), a father of two, a teacher and a lifelong fan of professional wrestling.  It started when I was an early teen, maybe even earlier than that and continues to this day.  When I was around 30 years of age I did drift off from sports entertainment a bit.  I still followed, but from a far.  Not sure why, life was very busy and maybe I did need a little break.  But my "sort of" hiatus did not last for long as my love of the crazy world of sports entertainment could not be contained.

Of course being a wrestling fan, as I am sure you are aware, I constantly face the taunts and the clichés from others.  It's hard to find someone to sit and chat with about wrestling and have an intelligent conversation giving it the integrity it deserves.  I try to explain it to others.  I tell them they don't "get it".  Wrestling is the best story on T.V. with crazy characters and storylines unfolding each week.  I tell them they can be down on wrestling yet tune into the likes of Desperate Housewives, 24 or 90210.  No disrespect to those programs but I don't know why wrestling should be considered any more of a lowbrow form of entertainment than most of the programs on prime time.  And I tell them that unlike their favourite shows the stars of my favourite show are top notch physical athletes, awesome performers and put their body and bones on the line each week to entertain us.

But enough of that. If you're a wrestling fan you undoubtedly know what I am talking about, which brings me to this blog. This I am hoping will serve my desire to talk about wrestling and maybe make some contacts with others. What will I be posting here? Hopefully weekly updates and thoughts about what is unfolding in the WWE. Maybe some predictions. Maybe some thoughts on days gone by. Maybe analyze some storylines and angles. But whatever it is it will be all things wrestling by a fan for other fans.

So if you found this blog and you are a fan, come back often, leave a comment, send an email, let's have an online chat.

1...2...3...ring the bell....see you next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment