Tuesday 23 August 2011

What to do with the Divas?


Well I, like many, was very suprised with Kelly Kelly's win over Beth Phoenix at Summerslam.  I was as intrigued by this match as any in the Diva's division for some time.  I thought we had the makings of a Mark Henry type character in Beth emerging and continuing into what would be her title reign.  However, Kelly Kelly rolling up Beth for the win was a nice surprise moment. 

I still think there is potential to keep this Beth Phoenix thing going.  However, since Summerslam all Beth did was walk out on to the ramp on give a mocking applause to Kelly Kelly and Eve Torres and gave a couple of promos not really saying much of anything.
I think they should pick up where they left off before Summerslam.  Beth should be more enraged by the loss and continue on a path of destruction which at some point should include Kelly's friend and partner Eve Torres.  At this point it should be Kelly that emerges and says enough is enough, she wants the match with Beth at Night of Champions.  Maybe even add some stipulation to this one.  Last chance for Beth?  No holds barred? 

I would end this match with a courageous effort from Kelly but a victory for Beth and let the reign of terror begin.  But I think the war path shouldn't have skipped a beat and immediately after Summerslam she needed to be on T.V. doing some damage.
We'll see where they go with all this, but for me it’s floundering right now.  I don't normally get too interested in the Divas so the fact that I am writing about it is a good sign. 

No comments:

Post a Comment