Monday 22 August 2011

Weekly hits (August 14th to August 20th)

Some random thoughts and quick hits on the week that was: 

Said in the tone of that guy from that beer commercial (the most interesting man in the world):  I don't always get Pay Per Views, but when I do, I get Summerslam.  It's true that due to other commitments (work and family) I am unable to order each and every PPV, but Summerslam is usually a given.  I am always on holidays, have a bit of free time on my hands and it’s always an August treat.  It seems a little late to be commenting on it now, but I thought it was solid enough.  Last two title matches were great.  I thought Mark Henry and Sheamus was decent but could have been better.  It was not without its surprises.  Not the best PPV ever, but certainly not the worst.
What's next for Christian?  He wasn't at Smackdown after he dropped the title to Randy Orton at Summerslam.  I am predicting a short break and a return with Edge as manager maybe.  He might need a little something extra to get him over now and maybe Edge could be just it.  It could be a lot of fun too.  It would be better if Edge could tag with him again, but the manager role will have to do.
What's up with The Miz?  I love The Miz.  When are they going to insert him into the title hunt again or at least a meaningful match and/or feud?
It's looking like a Mark Henry vs. Randy Orton match at Night of Champions.  Was the battle royal on Smackdown really necessary to make Henry a number one contender?  Although I do understand them doing it because if this match is not going to happen until the next PPV they have some time to fill.
What's next for Sheamus?  I like him as a face but if he and Mark Henry are done he needs a heel to tangle with.  Perhaps he and Christian could be entertaining and good for each other right now.
I’m liking the return of Kevin Nash although I was never a huge fan.  A match with CM Punk and Nash should be interesting.
I loved Alberto Del Rio's opening promo as champ on RAW.  What a classic heel he is.  I am not sure if he needed to be on Smackdown too.  His promo on that program was not as strong although he did have a great match with Daniel Bryan.
Speaking of the new champ, who will he be facing at Night of Champions, assuming he still holds the title?  Is it just going to be him and John Cena?  I am thinking this one needs more competitors for me to be interested.  Fatal fourway?  Triple Threat?
And finally for today, speaking of Cena, when is he going to turn heel and be done with it.  I know the lines of heels and faces are blurred and I think that is awesome.  But occasionally there is nothing like a good heel turn.  I am sensing the WWE universe wants this right now for Cena and how it happens could make for a classic WWE moment.  Although if you check the many excellent wrestling sites and blogs on the net there is plenty of good discussion on this topic and many opinions on if this should happen and how to handle it.  I am not sure if just mixing it up with Del Rio for the title is going be intriguing enough for me. 
OK, one more.  Who sent the text to Kevin Nash's phone?  I really don't know where the WWE is going with this one.  The obvious choice is that HHH is lying and he did it himself or his wife Stephanie sent it.  The WWE tends to like to surprise us with these kinds of things.  I am still thinking Mr. McMahon is behind it all and will emerge again at some point soon. 
Ok...I am tapping out for the day.  See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment