Saturday 17 September 2011

Night of Champions Predictions


Here we go with some quick Night of Champion predictions.  Great card!!
Divas Championship, Kelly Kelly (c) vs Beth Phoenix
These two hooked up during the last PPV at Summerslam.  It seemed we were poised for a Beth Phoenix title reign but Kelly Kelly pulled out the surprise win.  Like Summerslam, my prediction here is the same.  New champ, Beth Phoenix wins (see if I am right this time). 
United States Championship Fatal Fourway Match, Dolf Ziggler (c) vs Jack Swagger vs John Morrison vs Alex Riley
I think they keep this feud with Ziggler and Swagger going with Vickie Guerrero right in the middle of it.  It really hasn’t even got going yet apart from some arguing and a bit of shoving.  Morrison and Riley I think are in here to get another couple of faces on the card.  Prediction: New United States champion, Jack Swagger.  (but more matches with him and Ziggler to follow)
Tag Team Championship Match, Air Boom Kofi Kingston and Evan Bourne vs The Miz and R-Truth
The Miz and R-Truth have been doing some great bits as of late.  I am guessing the spotlight would be better served by falling on them who could even be more entertaining with the belts.  Kingston and Bourne both lost in singles competition recently to Miz and Truth respectively.  Makes you wonder if their leaning towards an Air Boom victory and keeping this going.  However I am going this way.  Prediction:  New champs, The Miz and R-Truth win.
Intercontinental Championship Match, Cody Rhodes (c) vs Ted Dibiase
I like both these guys!  Rhodes has great potential and I think is a great Intercontinental Champ.  A couple weeks ago I was wondering if Rhodes was going to be Orton’s next feud assuming he remains champ after this PPV.  However, Orton and Rhodes have already tangled twice on TV, but no titles on the line yet, so I don’t think this is done.  I don't say this with confidence but...Prediction:  New champ DiBiase wins (but expecting Rhodes to be elevated into more of a main event status with Orton).   
CM Punk vs HHH, no disqualification match
I am finding this one hard to predict although it has the potential to be an awesome match no matter what the outcome. If HHH loses he resigns as COO.  This could open new story line angles by adding a new person in place of The Game.  We also have to wonder if Kevin Nash shows up to have some influence in this one.  Prediction:  CM Punk wins. (but this whole story is far from over). 
WWE Championship Match, Alberto Del Rio (c) vs John Cena
A few weeks ago I thought the whole HHH, Kevin Nash, fake text messages, etc. was going to play a role here.  But all that has moved away from this match.  I haven’t ruled out that they could be fooling us.  I don’t see them putting the belt on Cena again right now.  Prediction:  Alberto Del Rio retains the title (with some controversy of course).    
World Heavyweight Championship, Match Randy Orton (c) vs Mark Henry
I am finding it hard to predict this one too.  I think there has to be some controversy to allow us to keep buying into the beast that is Mark Henry.  I am hoping for a return of Big Show or Kane.  Prediction:  Randy Orton retains. (with interference from Kane or Big Show) 
All in all I have predicted 4 title changes.  I don’t know.  I find nothing obvious here which makes for a great card.  Enjoy everyone, back next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment