Friday 16 September 2011

OMG The Top 50 Incidents in WWE History DVD Review


I had a chance recently to watch one of the WWE’s latest DVD releases titled OMG The Top 50 Incidents in WWE History.  I must say I was far more entertained than I thought I would be.  This one took me on a trip back through memory lane with plenty of footage I haven’t seen in years, some of which I had forgotten about, or maybe blocked out - haha. 
The shocking moments featured on this DVD can fit into a couple of different categories.  They could be shocking because of some sort of surprise that you didn’t see coming.  This would include a heel turn or a surprise ending to a match.  There are a few of these featured on here.  They could also be shocking because you end up thinking (yes I will use the title) Oh My God I can’t believe they are doing this.  Most of these moments happen outside of the ring or in non-wrestling incidents.  It was these that had me laughing out loud several times while watching this DVD.
I won’t go into too much detail, but a few highlights none the less.  Mae Young, oh my.  Did I forget or did my memory block out some of the outrageous stunts she pulled and segments she appeared in during her time in the WWE during the late 90’s.  Some of these moments had me laughing hard and in disbelief that they even happened.
Then there were some childhood memories I haven’t seen in years including the two Dave Hefner’s, one an evil referee who blatantly robbed Hulk Hogan out of the title.  And I chuckled when Hulk proclaimed “Who paid for the plastic surgery man!?!?”    And then there was Jake Roberts’ snake attacking and viciously biting Randy “Macho Man” Savage in the ring.  They carried off Savage as Vince Mcmahon, then a play by play man, screams about all the poison that must be running through his veins as the Macho Man tumbled from the stretcher.  These are just a couple I remember vividly from my younger years, but they are tame in comparison to many of the moments on the disc.
In addition to these outlandish moments there are some jaw dropping wrestling feats to relive too.  They include The Undertaker and Mick Foley’s infamous Hell in a Cell match, some of Jeff Hardy’s most wild moments and some pretty amazing feats from Shane Mcmahon. 
Another thing I took from this movie is how much I miss Stone Cold Steve Austin.  He is featured here more times than any other.   Austin arguably has more classic moments in the WWE than any other wrestler in its history.
This DVD is ridiculous, crazy and fun!  If you are trying to get wrestling over on some of your non-wrestling fan friends, this is probably not the one to show them.  Then again, maybe it is!   

No comments:

Post a Comment