Monday 19 September 2011

Some Quick Night of Champions Reflections


It’s been a busy day.  So I only have time for some very quick hits reflecting on last night's Night of Champions PPV.  Oh yeah, I am also focussing on the results of my predictions.  That’s right I got ZERO right...nadda!  I like surprises but I mean a couple correct would have been nice.  Here we go...
Air Boom successfully defend the titles.  I was wrong.  I was ok with it.  The Miz and R-Truth had other plans for later in the evening and they are awesome anyway.  It also further legitimizes Air Boom as a solid tag team. 
Cody Rhodes retains Intercontinental Title over Ted Dibiase.  I was wrong again but not really surprised here at all.  I thought maybe if he lost Rhodes may go on to battle Randy Orton for the World Heavy Weight Title.  But Orton lost that later in the night too so the outcome of this match makes total sense.  Rhodes is awesome.
Dolf Ziggler successfully retains United States Championship in a fatal four way match.  Wrong again.  I was watching this wondering if they might be making the move to make Jack Swagger a face.  He did all the work at the end and Ziggler steals the pin and then leaves with Vicky Guerrero.  Who knows, but I can’t picture Swagger as a face. 
Christian still wants one more match but end up getting Sheamus’s boot to the head.  I can see him getting his match now against Mark Henry and being the World’s Strongest Man’s first successful title defence.
Kelly Kelly over Beth Phoenix two PPVs in a row.  Really?  REALLY?  Oh yeah I was wrong here too!
Mark Henry wins the World Heavy Weight Championship.  Just to make sure you are following, yeah, I was wrong here too.  But awesome, I was rooting for Henry and am looking forward to this.  I loved his speech after he won the title.
John Cena wins the WWE Championship.  W.R.O.N.G.  Of all my incorrect predictions I was most surprised with this one (except for Kelly Kelly winning again).  I really thought Alberto Del Rio would make it to at least one more PPV as champion.
HHH beats CM Punk.  And yes....just as well as at this point to round off the night with a big goose egg in the predictions department (wrong again).  Call me old school again by the way but I think the main event of every PPV should be a title match.  I don’t even know what to say about the end of this one.  The WWE fans have the best one word response for this as they do so often....”WHAT?”  Tune into Raw tonight where I am sure more questions will remained unanswered!
Hope you all enjoyed the show!  Enjoy Raw tonight...back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment